Tuesday, August 18, 2015

First days of school

     As I drove home yesterday, the first day of school, I passed a sign that said, "count the day's  blessings, not the day's troubles."  I couldn't help but smile as I thought about the many blessings your children brought to our classroom.  Each child, with their own unique personalities, brought something special to our room.  We had a day full of laughter, learning, and love (I lost count of the number of hugs we received yesterday)!  We are off to a fantastic start; it has been a great first two days of school with no real "troubles" to count.  I thank you for helping make this transition into school a smooth one for your children.  It is a big change for many of them and they will be exhausted by the week's end.  Before long these days will be routine and the struggles we face this week ("where is my classroom, who is my teacher, I don't want to wake up early, I don't want to be a car rider," etc.) will be long forgotten.  I look forward to sharing our room this year and getting to know your children and your families.  You will be amazed at how much they will grow (physically and academically) in a year!  Watching this growth will be a blessing for us both!
     Check back for updates on our growth throughout the year.  I will be posting sneak peeks into our classroom so you can see your child in action. 😊   I am still waiting to be sure who can/cannot be posted before I update with pictures.  As soon as I have all media release forms I will share photos with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment